Monday, April 28, 2008

Finally … You Next!

(After dinner in Indian halal restaurant, Roppongi, 14 April 2008)

- 14.59 JST -

She called me. Finally, after some delays, she will leave for Europe at the end of this month, pursuing her new live there. She is one of my first best friends in Japan. We met in the same day of my arrivals in Saitama, and become best friends since then.


Actually, I was hoping that we can meet this evening, after the seminar in my campus. Unfortunately, she still has so many things to do, in addition to disconnecting her cell phone tomorrow, which leave us to today's call only, before her departure in a couple of days. Finally, I could only wish you a bright future under His blessings, Sister, always. May we meet again, somewhere, sometime, somehow… Insya Allah.

(Ternyata bener ya, ditinggalin itu lebih berat daripada ninggalin…)

***
- 16.40 JST -

Finally, after 7 months of our first meeting in Narita airport, today I sit together with all of my Indonesian colleagues (around 40 of them), other GRIPS' students, lecturers, and staff; in the same room, listening to the same lecturer: The GRIPS’ President. I really enjoyed this gathering, wishing that we could do this more often, but different study rooms (masters students in 5th floor, doctoral students in 6th floor), different dormitories (I always lived in private apartment, because dormitories in my campus are prioritized for master students, since they only stay for one year), and different time schedules (they have many classes, while I seldom come to campus for consulting my thesis to my advisers), have concussively made our-never-meet situation.

However, thanks to the globalization, we still keep in touch via e-mail and phone. That is why, I am not that totally stranger to them, thanks God.

***

(Filipino, Latvian, Indonesian, after the reunion)

- 16.30 JST -

Finally, after waiting for an hour, my last big brother (terjemahan bebas dari kakak terakhir seperguruan;D) came at me. “Fithri, I did it,” he said with a sore voice, half enthusiastic, half sleepy. I almost jumped from my chair to hear that, and congratulate him. Finally, after long sleepless nights, never ending writings, model running that seems forever, and series of presentations, seminar, or conferences (the hyperbole is in the air, of course…), he finished his PhD!

I was very happy for him, then after we talked about his revisions and planning for the next few months, he stood up and said,” Finally, I can get a long sleep tonight…and Fithri…you next!” Then he left the room after offering to help me with the English checking (he is a Filipino and very fluent in English).

And then, I realized. Yup, this is the time. My adviser always said that he must finish first, before me (because he entered 2 years before me).

Finally, I have to be prepared for everything… There is only two months to go, so many things to be done, and the seminar is only one week away!

Finally… Bismillah… just do the best and pray for His guidance and protection…because panicking won’t solve anything….

***

Nishi Chiba, 28 April 2008 (22.52 JST)

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, enjoy all the way…

Critanya lagi pengen nge-retrieve my english, yang semakin lama kok semakin acak adul...